January 12, 2019
Build the next generation of unmanned aircraft. Aerovel Corporation is seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager to join our team and be a key contributor to maturing our purchasing processes and systems to aid in developing our production systems for the next generation of miniature robotic aircraft. This dynamic position requires someone interested in working in a small team environment with a dynamic pace and broad responsibilities. The prospective candidate will be a self-starter with a demonstrated record of hands on contribution, curiosity, and development.
Aerovel Corporation, led by Dr. Tad McGeer, has developed Flexrotor, a vertical takeoff and landing, unmanned aerial system from our base in Washington State’s Columbia Gorge. We are small, focused, and experienced; staffed by veterans who developed the Aerosonde and ScanEagle aircraft series.
- Provide both tactical and strategic purchasing leadership and action
- Purchase materials and equipment, including quotes, orders, and contracts
- Implement and execute on a robust purchasing system
- Introduce and use an optimized system of inventory tracking and management using lean concepts
- Down select and implement an effective ERP system
- Develop streamlined, rational systems and procedures to support an effective supply chain program
- Work with and manage suppliers and supplier performance
- Negotiate favorable agreements and terms including price, quality, and lead time
- Work closely with engineers to identify improvement opportunities
- Paying attention to details
- Evaluate problems then develop and test solutions with a hands on approach
- Candidate must possess strong organizational and people skills and
- Be a self starter able to work independently from broad goals rather than specific tasks
- Highly motivated individual with strong communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- You are a hands on, data driven, analytical thinker
- Able to interact professionally with internal and external customers, subcontractors, and suppliers
Qualifications & Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business or equivalent with 5+ years progressive purchasing, procurement, and logistics experience.
- ISM, APICS or related professional certification desirable
- Experience utilizing engineering drawings and CAD models for quoting, sourcing, and purchasing materials and equipment
- Proficiency with MRP/ERP software and systems
- Personal knowledge of effective supply chain management
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills working in a diverse technology driven environment
- Demonstrated negotiating experience
- Experience managing contracts and agreements
- Hands on knowledge of supplier performance monitoring to drive cost, quality, and delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Qualified candidates can send their resume to Aerovel ([email protected])
Aerovel is committed to a diverse workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as Aerovel desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. Aerovel complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).