December 6, 2018
Build the next generation of UAVs. Aerovel Corporation is seeking an experienced mechanical engineer to join our team creating the next generation of miniature robotic aircraft. This dynamic position requires someone accustomed to working in a small team environment to rapidly move a concept to prototype design, testing, and then through manufacture and production implementation. The prospective candidate will be a self-starter with a demonstrated record of hands on engineering, manufacturing, and development.
Aerovel Corporation, led by Dr. Tad McGeer, develops the Flexrotor unmanned aerial system from our base in Washington State’s Columbia Gorge. We are small, focused, and experienced; staffed by veterans who developed the Aerosonde and ScanEagle aircraft series.
- Engineer, analyze, and test complex systems
- Component-level design of mechanisms including tolerance analysis
- Design tools and fixtures for efficient manufacturing
- Excellent design skills
- Evaluate problems then develop and test solutions with a hands on approach
- Build and assemble working prototypes with proficient use of machine and shop tools
- Candidate must possess strong organizational skills and
- Be a self starter able to work independently from broad goals rather than specific tasks
- Highly motivated individual with strong communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Hands on, common sense, analytical thinker
- Able to interact professionally with internal and external customers, subcontractors, and suppliers
Qualifications & Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years’ relevant experience in mechanical engineering or similar accredited degree program, or a Master’s degree with 3 or more years experience.
- Experience with SolidWorks including surfacing, assemblies, and PDM
- Experience designing tooling and fixtures for carbon composite assembly manufacturing
- Experience managing relationships with outside vendors that provide machining, composite, and rapid prototype services
- Mechatronics/robotics/control system experience
- Experience with production manufacturing techniques for aerospace
- Experience generating production documentation based on designs personally overseen
- Experience training and working with production staff to produce parts to requirement
- Familiarity with electronic packaging techniques
Qualified candidates can send their resume to Aerovel ([email protected])
Aerovel is committed to a diverse workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as Aerovel desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. Aerovel complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).