System Integration Engineer
May 15, 2018
- Engineer, analyze, and test complex applications, systems, and/or services
- Design, build, and implement aircraft and ground network systems
- Develop and test aircraft and payload systems and architectures using digital and analog electronics and communications.
- Integrate diverse systems and networks to achieve overall aims.
- Incorporate RF technologies and communication systems.
- Evaluate and test hardware calibrations and function with software development tools.
- Analyze and validate performance data.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve system problems to increase performance.
- Document and create visual representations of systems and their inputs and outputs.
- Produce system interface documentation.
- Candidate must possess strong leadership skills and be a self starter.
- Highly motivated individual with strong communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Hands on, common sense, analytical thinker.
- Able to interact professionally with internal and external customers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years’ experience in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or physics, or a Master’s degree with 3 or more years’ experience from an accredited course of study.
- Experience with basic coding: C++, Python, Batch, Bash, or similar scripting.
- Experience with network communication: Ethernet, I2C, SPI, UART or similar. Familiarity with TCP/UDP, IP addresses, subnets.
- Understanding of wireless signals, antenna gains, interference. GPS knowledge is a plus.
- Understanding of electrical circuits, and proficient use of oscilloscope.
- Basic electronic troubleshooting and ability to read and interpret electrical assembly and wiring diagrams.
- Hands-on system integration design, build, and test experience.
- Experience with video distribution and camera systems a plus.
Qualified candidates can send their résumé to Aerovel ([email protected])
Aerovel is committed to a diverse workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as Aerovel desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. Aerovel complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).